- Heat oven to 180℃ fan, (non fan 200℃)
- Place the chicken thighs in a small roasting tin and sprinkle generously with Herbilicious
- Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes (test inner temperature to be at 75c)
- Make Pastry while the chicken is cooking
- Rub in the fat until breadcrumbs and then add 2 tbsps of cold water.
- Bring together and then rest in the fridge.
- When Chicken is cooked, rest for about 10-15 minutes to allow the chicken juices and herbilicious to mix.
- Place the LF butter in a saucepan and add sliced mushrooms and celery heart.
- Place the lid on at a medium heat until sweated down.
- Skin and bone the chicken and chop into small pieces, save the liquid.
- Turn up the heat and pour in the white wine and cook until the alcohol has cooked off (you know this when you smell it and it is no longer harsh to the nose)
- Once cooked off, add the chicken, liquid from the chicken.
- Mix in a separate container the cornflour, crème and oat milk, then add to the chicken mix and heat until thick. If it is too thick, add some
- more oat milk.
- Add the chopped Parsley.
- Pour into a pie dish and roll out pastry to the pie shape.
- Place the pastry over the pie mix and wash with a beaten egg, decorate if you have some left over pastry (don’t waste it!)
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes at 180℃ fan oven (200 non fan).
Prep 1 hour
Total 1 hour 30 minutes
US | Metric
Sue Brand's Chicken and Mushroom Pie
One of my favourite combinations - and suitable for those on a FODMAP diet too!
Out thanks to Sue Brand for sharing this recipe.
For the pie
4 Bone in chicken thighs
1 tbsp Lactose free butter
5 Large chestnut mushrooms
Leaves and centre of celery
Splosh of white wine
1 tbsp Cornflour
50 ml Oat Milk
25 ml Lactose free crème
Pro cook Herbilicious
For the pastry
170 g Spelt flour
45 g Lactose free butter
45 g Lard
Pinch of salt