Punjabi Mamas Masala Spiced Chicken Wings
Bring it on #WingWednesday! TRUE STORY… these wings once converted a lifetime vegetarian to eating meat… yes… they are THAT BLOODY AMAZING!!
This dish is by far the most requested Punjabi Mama makes, these masala wings are the the perfect appetiser with a drink before dinner… packed with flavour.. a must try!
Shockingly easy to make using just a handful of ingredients, one of which is a ready made spice masala mix… Punjabi Mamas secret ingredient for so many of her dishes. This Shan @shanfoods Stew/ Dopiaza Masala spice mix is available in Asian supermarkets but also on Amazon.
- In a large wok on high heat add the yogurt, ginger, garlic and chicken wings, sauté for a few minutes
- Turn the heat down to medium and cook for 20 minutes covered with a lid
- Remove the lid and add the Shan Stew Masala mix, fenugreek, lemon juice, ketchup and oil
- Increase the heat to medium-high and “bhuno” the wings which means slow cook them for about 20 minutes until there is no liquid and the oil has separated
- Add the fresh coriander
- Serve hot and enjoy with roti or salad, enjoy!