Caramelito Coffee Chocolate Cake
A delicious rich, moist chocolate enriched with coffee, sandwiched with a Nespresso coffee buttercream makes the perfect birthday, dessert or just everyday cake!
Loose bottomed cake tins work best for removing the sponges.
To make cupcakes, use 1/2 the recipe to make 12 cupcakes and bake for 12-15mins
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ (160 fan) and grease & line 2x 8in circular cake tins
- Combine the flour, sugar and cocoa until well mixed
- Add in the baking powder, bicarb, vanilla, eggs, oil and milk and mix into a smooth batter
- Add in the boiling coffee and gently swirl until fully mixed in
- Pour evenly into the 2 cake tins and tap lightly on the counter to remove bubbles
- Bake for 20-30mins until risen, springy and a skewer comes out clean
- Leave to cool in the tins, then turn out onto a rack and cool completely
- Make the icing in a stand/hand mixer by combining butter, icing sugar and a splash of coffee. Gradually add more coffee to taste, adjusting icing sugar if needed
- Once cakes are fully cool, ice roughly with a palette knife and top with cocoa, grated milk chocolate and grated white chocolate
- Keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week (but best for the first 2-3 days)