- Heat your veg stock in a deep pan and add a pinch of saffron then stir.
- Finely dice the shallots, chillies and garlic and gently sweat in a little olive oil in a deep sided frying pan or pot. Allow the onion to soften but not colour then add the rice and stir for a couple of minutes before adding the wine.
- Once the wine has almost disappeared start adding your stock a ladle at a time stirring as you do and waiting until almost fully absorbed before adding the next.
- As the starch begins to be released from the rice and the risotto starts to thicken the the rice. It should be just slightly under done. Add your crab and stir well for another couple of minutes before leaving to rest. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile season your scallops on both sides and then fry in a hot pan on both sides for no more than a minute. To finish the scallops add a little butter and baste.
- Finish the risotto with a few knobs of butter and the juice of half a lemon. Check seasoning and add a little salt and pepper if required.
- Assemble the plate by topping the risotto with the scallop and a few micro herbs.
Absolutely cracking dish to enjoy with a Spanish Albarino.