Butter Bean & Paneer Koftas in a Spicy, Creamy Tomato Gravy
These were little cheesy pillows of deliciousness sitting in a beautiful creamy and spicy cashew nut and tomato gravy.
Buttery, rich and delicious... melt in your mouth koftas made of mashed butter beans, grated paneer, spices, chilli, ginger and garlic.
INSANELY GOOD!!.. I am soooo pleased with how it turned out… the mashed butter beans and paneer held up in the kofta shape perfectly to allow me to lightly pan fry them until golden.
They are then dropped into the simmering, bubbling gravy to soak up all the rich flavours from sautéed onions, ginger, garlic, warming spices, fresh tomatoes, toasted cashew nuts, cream and butter.
An indulgent one for Diwali dinner.
Wishing that every light in the sky brings you a new reason to smile today and every day! 😊
- In a large bowl mash the butterbeans to a paste consistency, then mix with the grated paneer, beaten eggs, plain flour, fresh coriander, cardamom, cumin powder, ginger, garlic, green chillis and salt
- Refrigerate the mixture for half an hour until it gets a little firm
- In a large saucepan on medium high heat with a little oil, cook the onions until starting to brown slightly
- Add in the ginger, garlic, garam masala, coriander seeds, paprika, chilli powder and cumin powder, cook for 5 minutes until all the spices are combined
- Tip in the chopped tomatoes, cashew nuts, water and salt, then bring to a boil
- Once boiling, turn the heat down to a simmer and continue to cook for about 20 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken
- Blend the sauce with a hand blitzer or in a liquidiser until smooth
- Return the mixture to the pan, set aside until the koftas are ready
- Remove the mixture from the fridge and make rounded tablespoon size balls of the butter bean mixture like kofta shapes
- Dust the koftas with cornflour, ready to fry
- Heat a large frying pan with a little oil and carefully shallow fry the koftas in batches until golden, remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper
- Heat the spicy, creamy tomato sauce until hot, pour in the cream and add the butter, stir until heated through
- Add the koftas and serve hot with basmati rice or your choice of bread