- To make the pancakes, mix all the ingredients by hand and allow to rest for 20mins. If you want big fluffy pancakes, separate the eggs and whip the whites until soft peaks. Fold through at the end, use straight away.
- Preheat your grill to high. Grill the bacon on both sides until crispy.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon on a plate or in a bowl. Cut the bananas into thirds and coat in the sugar mix.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan and cook your pancakes in batches. Keep warm under a tea towel or in the oven.
- Wipe the pan clean and return to the heat. Add some butter, once melted throw in the bananas and cook until caramelised on both sides. Be careful when turning over as the sugar will be hot and sticky.
- Stack the pancakes, bananas and bacon on a plate and drizzle over the maple syrup before serving.
Prep 30 minutes
Total 40 minutes
US | Metric
Jody Spencer's Caramelised banana & bacon pancakes
I am a big fan of pancakes paired with sweet bananas and salty bacon
Our thanks to Jody Spencer and Taste Buds magazine for this recipe.
For the pancake mix
2 tbsps Baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 tsps Sugar
4 Large eggs
60 g Butter, melted and cooled
600 ml Milk
450 g Plain flour
For the pancake filling
8 slices of bacon
4 tbsps Caster sugar
2 tsps Cinnamon
butter for frying
1 Batch of basic pancake mix
Maple syrup to serve