Veggie Filled Pasta Shells With a Roasted Red Pepper Harissa Sauce
These giant conchiglioni pasta shells were filled with a garlicky mix of broccoli and spinach, two cheeses and a touch of chilli. Red peppers and vine tomatoes were roasted in the oven, then blitzed in the food processor with garlic, harissa paste, chilli, lemon juice and cream... the smoky creamy sauce was just a divine accompaniment to the filled pasta shells.... so delish and a must try for #MeatFreeMonday!
- Pre-heat grill/broiler 200℃
- Place red peppers on a lined oven tray, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 30 minutes, turning every 5 minutes to ensure an even grill, set aside
- Place tomatoes on a lined oven tray, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes, set aside
- In a food processor blitz the roasted red peppers and tomatoes with all the other sauce ingredients and set aside
- Change to conventional oven to 180C
- Cook pasta shells just under the packet cooking instruction time, about 90% al dente, drain, refresh with cold water and set aside to cool
- In the same (washed) food processor blitz together the broccoli and spinach until it is all a thick paste, add the remaining ingredients, blitz again and make sure everything is well combined
- Pour the red pepper sauce into the bottom of your serving dish, fill each pasta shell to the top with the filling and place in the dish, you may need two layers depending on the size of your dish
- Grate a little parmesan over the top of the shells with a final twist of black pepper and a pinch of chilli flakes
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until bubbling
- Serve hot and enjoy!