- Remove the short ribs one hour before grilling from the refrigerator.
- Remove the membrane from the underside of the ribs by sticking under the membrane with a spoon or knife and lifting it upwards.
- Mix a equal amount of salt and ground pepper.
- Remove hard fat from the short ribs and rub it in with some olive oil and the dry-rub with salt and ground peper.
Grilling Short Ribs
- Now you can turn your barbecue on or use like me a pellet grill. I used for this recipe the new Weber Smokefire and set it on 110℃ . When you don't have a pellet grill just add some charcoals and set your barbecue for indirect cooking. When the temperature has reached 110℃ you can some woodchunks for smoke. You need about 3 hours of smoke to get an awesome smoke ring like this.
- When the barbecue has reached the right temperature you can add the short ribs and close the lid for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours it's time to wrap the short ribs in tinfoil and add a core temperature sensor like the Meater+. Close the lid and set the core temperature for 91℃ .
- When the core temperature is 91℃ you can remove the short ribs from the grill. Let the meat rest for about 40 minuts under a towel or put it in a oven that is 60 degrees because then the meat will not cool off that much.
Good luck making, and greetings from GrillFun!!!